It is often a tough call to make between Web hosting and WordPress hosting as both have their pros and cons. Web hosting provides an ideal solution for new websites and start-ups, and the premium plans are great for big websites. WordPress hosting is the correct choice for self-hosting blogs.
Most bloggers or writers prefer WordPress for integration with plugins and tools. If you wish to start your E-com store, web hosting provides you with many features, but they may be limited. WordPress offers scalable solutions that you can expand with time. Are you perplexed by the difference between WordPress hosting and web hosting? Here’s what you need to know about the two platforms.
Further reading: How to Purchase a Domain Name and Hosting With Bluehost
Web hosting vs WordPress hosting – Which one is right for you?
Both web hosting and WordPress hosting have their pros and cons. Which to choose would depend on the website’s need and your budget. Web hosting includes different hosting types – Shared, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated, among others.
WordPress hosting includes different hosting plans and managed hosting. WordPress hosting is a specialised hosting that offers many additional features compared to web hosting. Thus, check out this Web hosting vs WordPress hosting review to know which is best suited for your needs.
2. What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting plans are suitable for a shared server environment. The hosting plans are available on many levels and at different prices. Most people opt for a WordPress plan that shares the server with other WordPress installs. Not only the services, but the support is also customised to suit the need of the website. Read this Bluehost review to know why Bluehost is the best company for WordPress hosting.
The features available in WordPress hosting helps to maximize the performance of the website. Most hosting providers sell WordPress hosting plans with features like PHP support and PHP memory. It comes with a host of handy add-ons, which help your website to function smoothly.
WordPress plans may include auto-updates and integration with tools and plugins. It is a major difference between web hosting and WordPress hosting. Access to themes and plugins let you create the site of your dreams. You also have the option of installing a WordPress theme with a single click.
But, add-on features are not free of cost. Premium WordPress plans offer these features, you’ll have to shell out some extra money. WordPress is quick to install, and you can create your website in minutes. For example, Bluehost offers the best integration for WordPress. You can install WordPress in Bluehost within no time with a single click installation.
2.2 Pros and Cons of WordPress
- Optimised performance: With WordPress hosting, you’ll get the benefits of optimised performance. It provides guaranteed speed and uptime for enhanced performance.
- Complete security and scalability: WordPress does offer different security features based on plans. The website that hosts on WordPress offers great scalability. You can distribute resources according to the need of the website.
- Reliability and backups: The plans offered by WordPress are reliable. All accounts on the server will receive the same maintenance and uptime. Even backups and bulk updates are similar and apply to all the websites on the server.
- Expensive: Managed WordPress hosting plans are expensive than basic hosting plans. You’ll get a Shared web hosting plan starting from ₹175. But an unlimited WordPress plan may start from ₹1259. To buy WordPress hosting at a discount, make use of these Bluehost coupons.
- No Email Support: There is no separate email support in most WordPress plans. You’ll have to manage your mails in a customised way or by opting for another host for email setup.
- No Plugin Support: WordPress hosting offers many plugins that you can integrate with your website. But, some plugins can be non-supportive. If a particular plugin is outdated, it may serve no purpose to your website.