If you want to start a WordPress blog with little investment and reap maximum benefits, choosing Bluehost for your hosting needs will be highly beneficial. It is tried and tested by several bloggers worldwide and is strongly recommended.
Bluehost has a track record of being one of the top web hosting companies for WordPress hosting. Learn more about Web hosting and WordPress hosting. Moreover, Bluehost is recommended by WordPress itself, which is a testament to its reliability and popularity.
If you want to turn your penchant for blogs into money-making, you must get a self-hosted WordPress blog and pay for the hosting through services like Bluehost. It is not only unbelievably affordable but also provides you with a free domain. You can also run your ads, add affiliate links and directly advertise through the blog.
Before we get into how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost, let’s take a look at the things required to start a blog.
What are the steps to create a WordPress blog on Bluehost?
To start a WordPress blog you need three things. Good quality web hosting, a catchy domain name and a website building platform (WordPress). With Bluehost, you can buy hosting and domain for your WordPress blog. You can either choose Shared hosting or pick specialised WordPress hosting for added benefits. All Bluehost hosting plans offer a FREE domain for 1 year and SSL protection for all blogs/websites. Once you purchase hosting and domain, all you need to do is download & install WordPress and get started with creating the blog you want.
A. Word Press Blogging: Things You Require to Start a Blog
To get your blog online, all you need is:
1. A hosting plan: This is the web server where all your blog files and data are stored. A blog hosting provider is alandlord for your blog. It gives your blog a virtual space to live on. A blog hosting provider will also allow you to get a domain name for your blog.
To buy web hosting, use these Bluehost hosting coupons.
2. A domain name: Domain name is what people type into their browser to find and visit a website/ The domain name (example.com), in simple terms, is the web address for your blog website. Ensure to choose a short and relevant domain name.
Purchase a domain at a discount with these Bluehost domain coupons.
3. A blogging platform: In this case, WordPress. A blogging platform is what you will utilize to build and manage your blog.
C. 4 Steps to Start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost
1. Register Domain Name
Your domain name is supposed to be one of the most important decisions you’ll make when starting your WordPress blog.
- Give it a good thought and come up with something easy to recall and memorable.
- Don’t go for something that’s too confusing or long.
With Bluehost, you enjoy a free domain for the first year if you buy web hosting for 12 months. That’s why it is highly recommended that you sign up for at least 12 months to save a great chunk of money and reap more benefits for the cost!
- Buying 12 months of hosting ensures that you get cost-effective monthly rates which means the free domain you avail yourself is an added bonus.
- Purchasing a 36-monthplan gets you an even better value in the long run.
To get a free domain, the next step is to buy hosting from Bluehost. The basic hosting package should be enough to begin with.
2. Buy Hosting for the Blog
Choosing the “basic” hosting plan is one of the easiest ways to start a blog.
You can get a 12-monthly plan by paying ₹279/per month. Moreover, if you go for a 12-month plan, your yearly cost would be just ₹3348 a year, unbelievable right? In addition, you get a domain name free and save more money if you go for the 24 months or 36 months plan.
The basic plan is enough for the starting out stage. Moving ahead, if you feel like you might need advanced plans, you can easily upgrade the same by paying an additional price.
On the other hand, it is effective and cost-saving to pay for more years all at once, as you get a year of blog hosting at around ₹279, and for 3 years, the price is ₹169, a great deal given all the benefits it comes with. If you want to get value for money, the 36 months plan is your best bet.
Follow these steps to purchase hosting for the blog:
- Click on the “Get started now” button on Bluehost
- Click on the plan that you want
- Enter your existing domain name or sign up for a new one
- Enter personal details and payment information
To learn more, check out this blog on How to Purchase a Domain Name and Hosting With Bluehost
3. Connection Domain and Hosting
If you have purchased your domain name directly via Bluehost, you can skip this step and move to step number 4 directly. However, if you have brought your domain from other providers, you have to connect your domain to your hosting account.
4. Install WordPress on Bluehost
This is the finale! Once you are done creating your password, Bluehost provides an easy guide on how to start your WordPress blog.
- Firstly, you’ll be requested to choose a theme for your blog,so select the one that fits your blogging requirements.
You can also change the theme later so take your time and explore the beautiful theme options on WordPress. Most of the themes are easy to use and easily customizable.
- Now click on “Start building”
- Click “Business” or “Personal” on the next screen and then click “I don’t need help”
Congrats! Your WordPress blog is ready!