WordPress is an open-source content management system that has become popular amongst individuals who want to build a website or a blog. WordPress does not cost anything; anyone can install, use and modify it. Plus, it doesn’t require any coding knowledge.
Initially, WordPress was used to create blogs, and fast-forward today, the software allows you to create any type of website you want. You can build lifestyle blogs, professional portfolios, business websites, mobile applications or membership sites. WordPress is one of the most loved platforms for many bloggers and businesses. Moreover, 40% of all websites use WordPress for their business.
Which are the best Popup Plugins For WordPress?
The list of popup plugins is quite vast. If you want to create customised popup forms, choose Elementor WordPress Popup Plugin, which is a premium plugin. Hubspot WordPress plugin, Popup Maker, Bloom WordPress Popup Plugin, and Icegram Popup Plugin are free options that can be upgraded if required. Ninja forms are excellent to create different variations of popup forms and come with A/B testing.
B. Best WordPress Popup Plugins
1. HubSpot WordPress Plugin
HubSpot offers a free WordPress popup plugin that offers several marketing tools, including CRM, live chat, and a user-friendly popup builder.
- With HubSpot, you can choose from a range ofpopup types, including slide-ins, drop-down banners, and simple popup boxes.
- You can target your popups according to page URLs, exit intent, time or scroll-basedtriggers, and visitor behaviours.
- You can also display thank you messages and send follow-up emails when users enter information into the popups.
It is one of the best free WordPress popup plugins. There are paid plans as well that offer advanced marketing and sales features.
2. Popup Maker
If you’re looking for customisation options, Popup Maker might be the best WordPress popup plugin, as you can use the built-in editor to customise your popup’s position, size, and animations.
- One of its strong points isaccessing WordPress-specific targeting rules for
- You can customise it to fit your marketing needs.
- It also supports a variety of popup triggers like auto open and scrolling.
You can use the Popup Maker plugin for free, but you won’t be able to create exit-intent popups or use advanced targeting settings. To use these features, you need to upgrade to a premium plan that starts from $87 per year.
3. Elementor WordPress Popup Plugin
Elementor’s premium version comes with a popup builder that lets you visually customise each part of your popup using their code-free drag and drop editor.
- It includes multiple popup templates to help you craft custom messages speedily.
- You can use triggers and display conditions to target users based on actions like clicking or set periods of inactivity.
- Elementor also integrates with 12 different email marketing tools, including Mailchimp.
The pricing of the Elementor Pro plugin begins at $49 per year.
4. Popup Builder by OptinMonster
OptinMonster’s Popup Builder is one of the top WordPress popup plugins available that lets you build various popups, including floating bars and slide-ins.
- You can design custom popups with its drag and drop
- You can also include animations, sound effects, and customisation for popup displays based on past behaviours and actions on your site.
OptinMonster’s plugin plan starts at $9 per month. However, you will need a higher-tier plan if you want access to advanced functions.
Sumo is one of the best options if you are looking for an affordable popup plugin. You can start using it for free and upgrade as required.
- It is a wholesome marketing solution comprising email marketing tools, popups, and eCommerce integrations.
- Sumo integrates with several email marketing solutions, and if you’re using the free plugin, you can connect with AWeber, Mailchimp, and many more.
While the core plugin is free, you won’t be able to use advanced targeting methods. You also won’t have access to advanced email integrations like Salesforce, Keep, or HubSpot.
Sumo Pro costs approx. $39 a month.
6. Bloom WordPress Popup Plugin
Bloom WordPress Popup Plugin lets you show the popup after someone leaves a comment and allows you to show a popup after the checkout process finishes.
- With Bloom, you get detailed content targeting rules. You can target post types, posts, and categories of posts.
- It also includes an option to disable popups for mobile devices.
Bloom can be purchased by itself or as a part of the Elegant Themes membership. It costs $89 annually and $249 for lifetime access and updates.
7. Icegram Popup Plugin For WordPress
Icegram is one of the most popular WordPress popup plugins for lead generation.
- It includes over 50 popup templates,including multi-step CTAs, opt-in forms, lightbox subscription boxes, and timed popups.
- You can choose from various displays and targeting rules,including devices, time intervals, and specific web pages.
- Additionally, Icegram popups are designed to be mobile responsive.
Icegram can be used for free without advanced settings. Icegram Engage starts from $97 per year.
8. Convert Pro
Convert Pro gives you the benefit of a visual drag and drop builder alongside detailed trigger and targeting rules that rival SaaS tools like OptinMonster. Convert Pro is one of the most flexible WordPress plugins, when it comes to trigger and targeting rules.
It costs $89 for use on unlimited sites with one year of support and updates. While it costs $389 for lifetime updates & support and can be used on unlimited sites.
9. Brave Popup Builder Plugin
Brave is an all-in-one visitor conversion engine. It includes popups and other tools like quizzes, surveys, social share buttons, and more. Brave has a free version at WordPress.org. After that, the paid plans start at $59/per year for all features and use on a single site.
10. Popup add-on for Ninja Forms
Ninja Popups are an excellent choice if you want to create custom forms.
- It comes with a drag-and-drop popup builder that allows you to control your message’s alignment, animations, and design.
- You can choose from over 65 templates and trigger your popups according to specific parameters like inactivity, page-level targeting, and time-based delays.
- It also has in-built A/B testing to help you run trials of different popup variations.
A regular Ninja Popup license costs $24, including six months of support.